Monday, February 15, 2010

Malbec Quickies

- The Wine Chicks don't fall in love with Familia Bianchi's Elsa 2008 Malbec. And I happen to agree with their review.
"... Aromas full of oak and black pepper and flavors boasting with high tannins and a lot of jammy flavors upfront. I think it was the overly sweet jam flavors that killed it for me. Mid palate and you’re hit with spiciness followed by a nice smooth finish..." Link here.

- The story of Carinae and a french couple who fell in love with Mendoza and malbec. I've visited this winery back in 2005 and they were doing a fantastic job not only in vineyard management but with their wines as well. I like them so much that every time I go to Buenos Aires I bring back a couple of their bottles.
Link here.


- From businessman and political consultant to making malbec. An american finds peace of mind and a great opportunity in Mendoza. And now he is reaping the benefits of taking on that challenge without the wine knowledge and not speaking the language. From Forbes Magazine, link here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sommelier and Buenos Aires based ‘wine-trepreneur’ looks at which varieties and vineyards are likely to appreciate in value over the coming years

http://www.alternativelatininvestor.com/21/wine/wine-investment-from-a-latin-american-perspective.html