Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Malbec Quickies

Our malbec world news roundup:

-Turkey dinner? Try malbec says wine blogger PaulG. And a good list of Washington malbecs and argentinian ones

-Review of the 2006 Tierra Secreta Malbec (link)

-An afternoon at Bodegas Finca Flichman in Mendoza by blogger Eleuthera (link). I talked about Finca Flichman before, and here you have some very interesting comments from the Chief Winemaker of this Portuguese owned winery Luis Cabral de Almeida (a "pretty hot man" in the words of the writer):
Several years ago a friend tried to tell me how great the Argentinian (and Chilean) Malbecs were, but I wouldn't even taste them. However, the grape I knew from living in Bordeaux was a far cry from the one I finally tasted in South America: Malbecs from Argentina are rich, jammy, and luscious with some surprising complexity. Malbec thrives in Argentina, Luis explained, because of the low humidity. This explains their ability to get the delightful jammy qualities which I thoroughly enjoy.

No comments: